by B.J. on 8/06/2002 05:44:00 PM 0 comments Print this post

Comments: Post a Comment

They discovered some 200-ton wreckage from the Civil War today. How fun to see and hold something from another era. But enough about Doc's toddlers. Throughout the interview on the Today Show, I kept wondering what other things the Scientist/Historian has seen, how much he's made, how high Soledad O'Brien's skirt was, instead of focusing on the actual wreckage like I thought I usually did. I also thought the same way of the doctors who seperated the conjoined twins today. Except there was no Soledad O'Brien. I find it hard to comment on these extraordinary happenings without actually being there and knowing the context and all that bullshit.

I have a hard time coping with how some people get more attention to their deaths than others, such as Chick Hearn to Josh Ryan Evans. We all have a destiny, and it's not Josh's fault that he didn't tap into as many hearts as Chick did. We can't help feelings, but feelings should be kept out of the job, which is the reason I am troubled that Chick gets a 3-hour remembrance and Josh gets a 2-second blurb on the news. Then again, talking about a well-known person racks up ratings faster than a greyhound on a rocket. However, those deaths and breakthroughs aren't as exciting as a 40 mph car chase on the Interstate 5. :Sigh: BTW, the best freeway to gun it on is the 2 North to the 210 West where my car peaked at a flying 103 mph.

 



Home Page