by B.J. on 10/02/2002 10:56:00 PM 0 comments Print this post

Comments: Post a Comment

[Edited on 11/07/03 because I can't stand my arrogance and audacity to tell people what to do]

~~~Having Fun with Learning~~~

I just found out from my Legal Studies that I don't need to say anything when I'm pulled over, nor do cops have the uvking right to search me ! Prof Supina (that's his actual name, haha) says that our middle-classiness, makes us so damn stupid that we, in the pressured-filled "scary" moment, accidentally waive our rights to the cops by telling them "yes." I wanna try (without the $104 ticket that I had to pay 2 days before bolting for Maryjane land) ! So, I thought I'd pass the wealth.

Ya see how I'm engaging myself and not just learning for grades ? I don't see school as "work" or "studying" because that's too restricting and crap. Basically, I'm just plugging myself in and loading up on info like a robot and thinking critically after the fact. That's what I've done for all the quality work I've done so far, hahahahahahahahahahaha. There may always be work to do, but you have to take this shit one day at a time. School's fun when you get on top of it *cough* like a one dollar prostitute (not that I would, *wink* and *smile with tongue hanging* at Irvine girl).

And if you don't feel like studying and find yourself staring with anxiety at the clock, as I told P-dub (partner) and told to me by my cousins at UMass, just think of all the bucks your parents are wasting on you !

That doesn't mean don't have fun --- that's the trick, you bums ! Inject some intrinsic meaning to the shit you learn; make it have a daily purpose ! I'm probably not the savviest person to proselytize as a cocky 1st year, but as some have noted, I seem to be breezing by these early days of college like a fart in the wind. Who knows, I might be bumming it on Sunset Blvd in a year. [Nope hasn't happened yet] Or at least you guys, whoever, try, like someone who wouldn't lay a single eyeball on me during Psych 101 at LACC (and I'm not talking about the ghetto black guy or gay black guy) on August 4, 2002.

Speaking of trying, my profs actually like my writing, which leaves me wondering how the hell I failed the Subject A. My Mr. Owl writing teacher (maybe strange, but cool) likes my crap, Writing TA likes it, ETox TA likes it (written nothing for Legal Studies). I almost always have a clear thesis. I use complex sentences. I use action verbs. I have adjectives for almost every noun. The only conceivable hurdles to my passing were the : a) subjectivity of the teachers b) my wordiness c) my intro-less paragraphs (I cut right to the thesis without bullshit descriptions, as I've been taught to write by my nationally commended AP US/Euro teacher). d) breaking off into tangents (maybe it was this one) Help me figure it out, demnit !

 



Home Page