by B.J. on 10/11/2002 08:47:00 PM 0 comments Print this post

Comments: Post a Comment

[Edited on 11/07/03: Man, I was really as dumb as Jessica Simpson. See the non-academic life and academic life of UCSC]

A Whole Month at SC

I've discovered:

1) classes

-Aquatic Toxicology stuff I have to study this weekend

-Legal Studies stuff I have to study before October 25



-how nice bums [note: I don't label them "bums" anymore] are in the city

-how to not sleep thru class [note: Yeah right]

-how the teachers are kinda the same as high school

2) computer stuff

-how we've got a pimp connection compared to UCI, UCR, and SLO

-how downloading can get old really fast

-other functions I never knew my computer had

3) some cool media

-French Rap (Saian Supa Crew)

-SLC Punk

-Office Space

-Tool

-Led Zepplin

-Taiko Drumming

4) culture

-nerds at Crown Lounge

-that I have a Midwestern accent

-how deer look like up-close

-how much I need to learn how to bike [note: I have learned ! But I'm still scared of falling]

-people are even more friendly than in high school [note: Not really]

-that there's nothing really mysterious about the woods

-the smell of weed. . .every other night

5) survival skills

-how to use a bus

-how to travel on my own

-how to make my bed

-how to go days without smelling to avoid showering

6) what I miss

-that there are no real cool ballers here

-there's no boba or In-N-Out here

-how much I miss my family, friends, and well. . .you know. . . [Note: More sappy crap ughh]

Labels:

 



Home Page