by B.J. on 6/16/2003 08:59:00 AM 0 comments Print this post

Comments: Post a Comment

Generalizing: Apologizing for the stupid blogs of the past

If you ever read them, keep in mind that my thinking rapidly evolved during the Spring Quarter (April 2003-June 2003) thanks to my Human Predicament writing class, Science as Cultural Practice, and Intro to Community Activism class. I learned a lot of shit that quarter, and I'm looking forward to more. . .

I get slightly annoyed whenever I hear people try to sum something up or tell or generalize what that something is about in a sentence (Use one more sentence and its all good). And I've been guilty of generalizing without purpose in this blog. Generalizing is what is done primarily to make connections with other ideas, which I didn't really do. Anyways if you haven't noticed, I have been trying to look at specific things and how exactly they were formed and formed bigger things. . .

 



Home Page