by B.J. on 7/05/2003 10:37:00 PM 0 comments Print this post

Comments: Post a Comment

Cleanliness Is Evil and Destroys Lives

One of the philosophies I have developed during this past year has been to work efficiently rather than to work hard. Working too hard often results in compounded disappointment, and aggravated stress, etc. An efficient piece of work is often the better result. With that said, I fail to see how cleaning in general be it your living space, your car, or even yourself is an efficient piece of work.

Por ejemplo, yung nanay y tatay ko's (my mom and dad's) cleaning forced me to spend money on buying lost parts to my electronic stuff. When I got home for the summer, my room was full of my mom's nursing crap up to the toilet seat (there's no toilet seat in my room, I was just trying to be funny) on top of funky decorations such as a big fat plastic heart with the word "love" cliched across the heart in glitters and sparkles and a Persian style bedset (which has since been replaced by my old raggedy, comfortable old comforter). So I had quite a time sifting through all the glitz and glamour for my electronic hookup thing-a-majiggers, before reluctantly shelling out 10 bucks on the lost electronic stuff. Cleanliness was the cause for this inability to locate my items. Cleanliness is evil.

It's a topic Wibs and I went over a few weeks ago, and just now it's dawned upon me that cleaning up in general isn't all that necessary. Cleanliness is just too much work, which cancels out efficiency because its sort of a waste of time when the shit gets dirty again. You can count the times I've washed my clothes when I was living in my dorm for 9 months on one hand. My car's exterior was as dusty as a grandfather's fart. And me. . . you figure that out (or you can ask 'Well, 'Yell, and Hane). I'm comfortable being a dirty, shaggy pu. . .eh. . .foo. . .eh. . .person. I'll clean stuff up, but only when I feel the need to and know that it won't get dirty for some time.

What took me over the top with this "cleanliness isn't necessary" was when I went to go wash "Blinky (my little red car named by Sharles) on a Thursday. It was about 90 degrees, which made the car dry off quicker. As a result of this quick drying, my windows have now have those little not-quite-so-transparent teardrops on the windows, bringing my car back to where it was in terms of clearness and visibility minus some dirt. At least I got the interior clean, but it wasn't worth four dollars.

So in just these 2 little micro-examples, I've spent fourteen dollars trying to organize and clean shit up. And fourteen bucks is something I would kill for as a 19-year old college kid ! With my budget, cleanliness can definitely be sacrificed.

Another hit to clean-living, is this new groundbreaking research. There's a possibility you can get asthma from clean-living. Getting asthma is most likely due to the lack of tolerance built up the lungs to dirty stuff. I wouldn't be called "asthma boy" by such people as my Godsis if I had just grown up on a farm or something. Thanks mom and dad, for destroying my chance at a prestigious, glorious career as a marathon runner.

Labels: ,

 



Home Page