on 11/13/2003 07:46:00 AM
Print this post
[Last Edited 09/23/04]
Lyrics to the Bomb Ass Songs Ever Created
Sue da Pooh once told me that I should give the soundtrack of my life to her. I had no response back then, so for Sue da Pooh here you go. Except there's no trance for your pants. Download peer to peer off kaaza
This took a fuckin' long time. Luckily, google toolbar
was here to cut that long time in half. It also blocked some pop up ads which was good fun. And if you want to save your computer, don't ever click yes to anything being installed if you so happen to actually click on one of these sites.
And another addition to this post: To comply with the American thirst for quantification, I have also added rankings to each song.
CHILL OUT MUSIC (Music Great for Parties when you're just drinking and smoking out)
1. Sublime - Santeria
- Reminds me of Santa Cruz, break dancing in Long Beach, and just plain good ole times.
2. Blackstar - Definition
- Reminds me of UCSC minorities and all those militant movements.
3. Blackstar - Re-Definition
4. D'Angelo - Cruisin'
- PCC 2004 UCSC. Plus, the song just glides and passes before you know it.
5. The Roots - Stay Cool
- Awesome new jazzy hip hop telling you to chill the fuck out.
6. Nas - Get Down
- Reminds me of New York in business and the streets.
7. Bob Marley - Jammin'
- I had a headache the first time I ever listened to it. But it's mundane bubbliness kinda grows on you.
8. Bob Marley - Stir it Up
- Reminds me of the Summer of 2001, the summer of NBA Street 1 and Tracy McGrady being a superstar baller. He was cool back then.
9. Black Eyed Peas - Empire Strikes Black
- Another nugget from the Summer of 2001, but reminds me of the trip I took with my family and Keith and his family and a bunch of other Filipino families on the OMGC Fil-AM trip to Frisco. Reminded me of the deserts we stared down up the 101 North, and colleges that we were going to.
10. DMX, Aaliyah - Back in One Piece
- Reminded me of T-Mac in this one picture where he's passing the ball in mid-air making it look effortless.
11. Louis Logic - Idiot Gear
- The firestarting song to the parties during the Winter of 2004.
12. Eleventeen - In the Air
- My recovering-from-a-relationship-song of October-November 2003 even though I got it in September and reminded me right away of the beginning of my 2nd year in college.
13. Hieroglyphics - You Never Knew
- I need to keep an Oakland-based crew in the top 15. Reminds me of murals and UCSC, etc.
14. Blackalcious - Make You Feel That Way
- You just become entranced when you hear this.
15. Kanye West, Common, Talib Kweli - Get Em High
- Embarassment. Dicks. Tongue Rings. Just a lil word association with this song.
16. Ataris - Boys of Summer
- NFL Street Days when I just beat the crap out of Dimacoo.
17. Green Day - Time of Your Life
- Iconic song that means too many things.
18. Bone Thugs N Harmony - 1st of Tha Month
- Another iconic song.
19. Dil Se - Dil Se Re
- Hot Indian Girls, sorry Indian dudes if you are offended.
20. Black Eyed Peas - Weekends
- The antithesis to my lonely nights of the 1st semester of my 11th grade year.
21. Musical Youth - Pass the Dutchie
- The song they played in People Power after PCC was done.
22. DMX - How's It Goin' Down
- 9th Grade, my red sweater with these stripes on it that meant that I was growing up, and trying to mack the first time.
23. Dr. Dre - Fuck You
- The rainy days of 10th grade when I first did track. And Ron Artest.
24. Eastsidaz - G'd Up
- Cool 1997ish song. Cruisin' West-Coast Style in the East. Coincidence is that I went to New Jersey.
25. Kanye West - Jesus Walks
- PCC 2004 at UCSC. Good times.
26. Snoop Dogg, Tyrese, Mr. Tan - Baby Boy
- Brings back memories of my AP US History and European teacher. Happy memories.
27. Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre - Nuthin' But a 'G' Thang
- Iconic song.
28. Black Sabbath - Iron Man
- March 2003. It also reminds me of my long hair, I guess.
29. Outkast - The Way You Move Lyrics
- Black bootay. Sorry, black dudes, please don't kick my ass.
30. Sublime - No Woman, No Cry
- More Santa Cruz good times
31. Sublime - April 26, 1992
- I scream Riots every time I hear this song for some reason.
32. Ugly Duckling - Introduckling
- Eh, this is an OK song.
33. Souls of Mischief - 93 'Til Infinity
- The spring of 2003 and grabbing a cooler damn. 10 years after the song was made too.
34. Outkast - Hey Ya
- Wiberwachi, and Joel knew about this song before me. And they are not exactly the biggest hip-hop heads.
35. Nivea, Jagged Edge - Don't Mess with My Man
- Summer of 2002 - Keith's song.
36. Michael Jackson - Billy Jean
- Makes me think of special shoes that magically turn the cement sidewalk dancefloor white.
37. Michael Jackson - Beat It
- 1983. I wasnt born yet, but it makes me wish I was.
38. Louis Logic - Best Friends
- Catchy shit that doesn't really remind me of anything
39. Ludacris - Southern Hospitality
- Makes me think of getting socked in the cheek when you're cold. But also reminds me of 11th grade once I got past the adversity.
40T. Black Eyed Peas - Anxiety, Fly Away, APL Song
- Little reminders of Summer 2003 and NBA Street 2's Double Gamebreaker.
41. Black Eyed Peas - The Boogie That Be
- Fergie's Chillin'. Chillin' on my co--at that crap out !
42. Ideal - Whatever
- This song was cool in 10th grade.
PUMP-UP SONGS - Probably just a continuation of the "CHILL OUT" songs, but these more often then not make you want to boogie (not dance, whiteboy).
1. Lords of the Underground - Chief Rocka
- Everyone I've played it too catches on to it very quickly
2. Snoop Dog, Jermaine Dupri - We Just Wanna Party With You
- Always an afterthought of a song, but always solid and very awesome
3. Raekwon - Determination
- Captures the feeling of "rush"
4. Da Brat, Notorious B.I.G. - Da "B" Side
- Same thing I would say with the Snoop Song.
5. The Cardigans - My Favorite Game
- Reminds me of my red car days and trying to gun it up to 90 mph on that thing.
6. Ludacris - Stand Up
- Luda always busting out something catchy.
7. Jermaine Dupri, P.Diddy, Nelly, Snoop Dogg - Welcome to Atlanta (Remix)
- Very important song for 2 reasons. My ring tone. And also the song I had in mind when I thought up the name of this site.
8. Dilated Peoples, Talib Kweli - Live on Stage (Remix)
- NBA Street 1 and 2. DSLarson. RDimacoo. Wiberwach. Prescott 419 and 412. Cowell College. UC Santa Cruz.
9. Blackalicious - Alphabet Aerobics
- Keep up with this if you're so great.
10. Shola, Craig David - Imagine
- The fastest song ever.
11. Kurupt - On Site
- Makes you feel gangsta (and not in a mocking way)
12. Outkast - ATliens
- Was a hit when I was in 6th, 7th, or 8th grade, but still pretty good once in a while
13. They Might Be Giants - Boss of Me
- I needed more white people music on this list. But I like this song.
14. Mario - Just A Friend (2002)
- Reminds me of the summer of 2002. And Jamal Crawford's crossover.
15. Nelly, Kelly - Dilemma
- Another Summer of 2002 hit.
16. Dr. Dre - Next Episode
- The song I thought of when I created my screen name back in 2001, Darkbluesmoke.
17. Beastie Boys - Fight for Your Right (To Party)
- Reminds me of Lawrence Taylor and this one card of his where he's encased in crappy 1986 photoshop effects (a puff of blue). It really did an injustice to the fierceness of this guy.
18. Beatles - Twist And Shout
- Bueller, Bueller ? Wow another 1986 hit. I mean Ferris, that is.
19. Black Eyed Peas - Go Go
- This song has made me think some of the nastiest thoughts.
20. Black Eyed Peas - On My Own
- Cross country running during the Fall of 2001 and trying to get through every race still standing up and breathing.
21. Black Eyed Peas - Release
- Fun song, doesn't remind me of anything.
22. Black Eyed Peas - Shut Up
- The air flowing hit of 2003.
23. Juvenile - Back Dat Azz Up
- 10th grade. When I was the mack king.
24. Black Eyed Peas - Lets Get Retarded
- Bop your head like epilepsy.
25. Bobby Brown - On Our Own
- 1989. Ghostbusters. Song projects something like it's headed for better things after the song and clearing the storm.
26. DMX - Where Da Hood At
- This low because of its homophobic comments. I could get into this song and I do make gay jokes some times, but I can't just yell out "fag" or some other crude comment like that anymore. It's just wrong.
27. DDR - Jennifer - If You Were Here
- Reminds me of the U C L A arcade in Ackerman union.
28. DDR - Naoki - Dynamite Rave
- Reminds me of an old, but curvy algebra teacher I once had. Damn. I would hit that still even though she's middle-aged. If anyone knew who was talking about and remembered her face, you guys would be like ewww. But hey, curvy is curvy.
29. Wyclef Jean, Claudette Ortiz - Dance Like This
- A good song to groove to.
30. La Orishas, Heather Headley - Represent Cuba
- PCC 2004 at UCSC. Girls in red velvet underwear.
31. Ozomatli - Cumbia De Los Muertos
- Late Spring 2004. Whatever that means.
32. Mya - Do You Only Wanna Dance
- Mya is the hottest girl alive. Bang that for days.
Social Message, Personal Psychology Songs (Basically, songs that make you think)
1T. Zion I - Boom Bip, Silly Puddy, Critical, Trippin', How Many, Elevation, One More Thing, The Drill, Finger Paint
- There's just quality in each of the songs. Plus it's convenient to just link em all at once.
2. 2Pac, Nas - Thugz Mansion (Acoustic)
- UCSC Spring Quarter 2003. Oh and Finding Nemo too !
3. Atmosphere - God's Bathroom Floor
- December music (winter music) when you're wondering where you're going in life.
4. Guru, Les Nubians - Who's There
- A December song to think about when you're complaining about your life
5. Pete Rock, CL Smooth - They Reminisce Over You
6. Radiohead - Idioteque
- Awesome sound. Some day I'll figure out what they're saying. Oh look, I found the lyrics. Na, save that for later.
7. Kanye West - We Don't Care
- Another fuck you song to people who don't like rap, hate the ways of inner city folks
8. Atmosphere - Free or Dead
- A juxtaposition of December, fish trucks, snow, and a Jamaican in New York
9. 2Pac - To Live and Die in L.A.
- The Los Ang that I know, not the one on TV or known to the whole population
10. Nas - Rule
- Sparking my community activist heat !
11. Atmosphere - Modern Man's Hustle
- Atmosphere coming up with yet another "December" (remember Winter) song. You could cuddle if you like.
12. Black Eyed Peas - Where Is the Love ?
- Well where ?
13. DMX - Slippin'
- 10th grade I guess.
14. Bone Thugs N Harmony - Days of Our Lives
- An underappreciated Bone Thugs Song. And the Bone Thugs themselves are underappreciated.
15. Bone Thugs N Harmony - Tha Crossroads (DJ U-Neek Remix)
- Song that I always thought should've won at the 1996 VMAs.
16. Bob Marley - Redemption Song
- Far the Rasta Man.
17. Mystic - The Life
- Reminds me of murals AND headbands and stuff and sitting back and drawing the scene of murals and headbands and stuff and sitting back.
18. Michael Jackson - Man in the Mirror
19. Radiohead - Creep (Acoustic)
20. Atmosphere - Guns and Cigarettes
21. Alicia Keys - If I Ain't Got You
- Alicia Keys is the prettiest girl ever.
Inspirational Songs (Songs that just drive me to kick ass and take names. This is my most favoritest group of songs)
1. Bust A Groove 2 - Shorty - Happy Heart in the Sunshine
- The song that kept my spirits alive when I was all lonely, but literally running all over the place. Good stuff.
2. Curtis Mayfield - Move On Up
- Message is simple.
3. Smashmouth - All-Star
- Message is simple yet again.
4. Aaliyah - Journey to the Past
Winter 2003 which reminds me of running half naked through the himalayas in slippers.
5. Pharcyde - Runnin'
- My money song at UCSC when I was DJing during those Saturday get-togethers at Merrill.
6. Modest Mouse - Float On
- The Everything is going to be alright song of Summer of 2004.
7. Aerosmith - Dream On
- From the November 2003 files of wanting to break out.
8. Eminem - Lose Yourself
- That bastard Asian kid Kenny.
9. Hieroglyphics - Miles to the Sun
- A boom skip, hop, that'll rattle its own record off the turntable.
10. Goapele - Closer
- Nightclub singing. A December song that reminds me of someone pretty in a black gown and me being happy to see that.
11. Eminem - Sing For the Moment
- Fight On
12. Eminem - Stan
The rainy cross country days of 2001. Running in the rain. Reminds me of Jesse Owens and his heroic antics in 1936.
13. Kanye West, Jay-Z, Saul Williams - Never Let You Down
Empowerment song that makes me think someone is being coiled and is going to eventually break out of it.
14. Dilated Peoples - This Way
DJ Rhettmatic shaking the static.
15. Aaliyah - Miss You
- Winter, Spring of 2003. Greyhound Busses. Albertsons in Irvine. UC-Irvine, Sierra Dorms, 2003. Room 201 C. Some girl there.
16. Ghostface Killah - Cherchez La Ghost
Reminds me of my cross country days and how I would always finish in front of this tall skinny black kid named Brandon.
17. Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal
- Reminds me of sneakiness complemented with an Asian last name like Matsemoto probably because there was an Asian girl in that video or they tried to make it seem like it was taking place in some cool Japanese bar.
18. Fischerspooner - Emerge
- I am reminded of the 1 Freeway, a certain Long Beacher who is white, Jamal Crawford, and Bel Punkol.
19. Toybox - Best Friend
- Good for getting me pissed off.
20. Outfield - Winning it All
- NBA Finals of 1992. Go Bulls.
LOVEY DOVEY - (Some of which (10-13) I'd be too embarassed to play ever even amongst friends)
1. Weezer - Only in Dreams
- The winding down of my time at UCSC.
2. The Cure - Love Song
- I was looking for this song for a long time and finally found it.
3. Maxwell - This Woman's Work
- For some reason it was a Kairos song, but reminds me of woman empowerment.
4. Aaliyah - One in a Million
- A twista of a love song.
5. D'Angelo - You're My Lady
- I am always reminded of D'Angelo blowing smoke. Damn, I want to be that cool.
6. Michelle Branch - Drop in the Ocean
- Hah. A conservative guy named Tyler had this as his song on his blogger. I like when I hear Michelle dip into "surprise" and she starts rocking.
7. Ginuwine - Differences
8. Janet Jackson - Doesn't Matter
- Summer of 2000. Nothing happened, except that waterfest was at this super clean place.
9. Xscape - Rest of My Life
- A slow song that I found and spread to the girls. They loved me after that.
10. N'Sync - I Thought She Knew Lyrics
11. N'Sync - This I Promise You Lyrics
12. N'Sync - God Must Have Spent
13. Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
SONGS WITH SCARCE TO NO LYRICS, JUST CAN'T FIND THEM (OR TOO LAZY TO FIND THEM)
1. Pharcyde - Passin' Me By (DJ Z-Trip version) - Another December hit
2. A Perfect Circle - Love Song (Cure Cover Live in Concert) - Another December hit, but in that it's talking about the Diary of a Madman
3. Mya - Everything or Nothing (Jazz Version) - Mya's sofa king hot.
4. Poncho Sanchez - Manila - Philippines got to represent somehow in this list of great song.
5. Tabla Beat Science - Audiomaze - A headnodder, if you're on drugs.
6. Velfarre Trance Volume 4 - Good Trance
7. Sexbomb Girls, Joey De Leon - Spageti Song - Old people and Filipinos.
8. Bayani Agbayani - Otso Otso - Reminds me of my dad trying to be hip by playing it at my mom's surprise party.
9. Motorcycle - As the Rush Comes - Another song after clearing the storm. It's about where you're heading next. . .
10. Ayla - Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4 - High school and getting away from the all hip-hop, R&B, rap influences
Labels: Mi Musica Represent Represent