by B.J. on 4/06/2004 11:13:00 PM 0 comments Print this post

Comments: Post a Comment

Putting A Face on the 636 Soldiers Killed in Action

I agree with the message which is that Bush and his crew are responsible and I really like its creativeness, but this particular piece seems more like a piece of political satire aimed at Bushites at the expense of these people's lives. I guess this is just an example that even the people who know the truth can also be subject to bad decisions at times.

[Picture Removed]

http://www.danielsh.com via http://www.basketballboards.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88166&forumid=46

[Comments Added April 15th]

This is why I called the Bush piece satire: Usually mosaics usually honor something or playfully mock something. Obviously, this piece was not meant to honor George, so that leaves it as a thing that mocks, mocks Dubya, but at the expense of people's lives. If one of my relatives died, I don't know that I'd want their face as part of someone's campaign to blame them no matter how much I agreed. It honors these soldiers sure or you can say it does, but it paints them too much as passive victims who just suffered because of one guy. It de-emphasizes their lives and whatever they've done. It's like these commoners take a backseat yet again to something people feel is a big issue.

Labels:

 



Home Page