by B.J. on 4/03/2005 06:20:00 AM 0 comments Print this post

Comments: Post a Comment

A Funny Fucking Nightmare

So I was there about to fail a fucking test. Not just any fucking test. . .a fucking math test.

What the hell was I doing taking a math test ?

Well, it appeared that I needed to complete my math college credits after all, strangely back in my 11th-12 grade teacher Mr. Pascale's classroom, full of students who had attended class.

Right when I walked in, some random white guy who was in a preceding dream (which I've forgotten) asked me to give him the answers to this test via his cellphone as As he settled down in some desk, Pascale yelled at him in that manner that he always had. Though generally an affable guy, Pascale is this big, intimidating guy with the capacity to outyell a lion and a knack for making you feel pretty low especially come testing time.

I walked in feeling guilty because I had ditched class all quarter and here was Mr. Pascale right before the test talking up how hard it was, but in a way that said I-know-you-guys-and-I'm-going-to-give-you-a-boost kind of way to the virtuous students who had attended class regularly.

I'm pretty sure he looked at me and just didn't want to say anything to my class-ditching ass. I was the last person he would want to give a boost to. He was probably thinking, "man what happened to that virtuous, quiet Delas Armas kid who would ask for help occasionally ?" Then that thought was probably rimmed over by "oh well, he's going to run over by this test. . .but much worse than those other kids."

So that's what was going through my mind before I took the test. I was going to turn in the test right away and accept my F and hopefully somehow make it up during the quarter. I was also thinking how I should've dropped the class maybe like I should have dropped the History of Medicine 3D (hopefully that's not the case as my grade is still not revealed to me) rather than take the test.

Right before the test comes up, Piero Gonzalez, fellow OMGCer, Acting Friend, fellow Loyolan, current Brigham Youngin', turns around in a desk to my right in front of me tells me he's going to fail, that he didn't study all the material in the book. I sat there thinking, yeah but you still know worlds more than me cause you've actually been to class and do your homework. Shut the hell up, Piero. Stop rubbing it in.

I opened and took one glance at the book I never opened and it indeed looked really complicated. Each of the problems looked like they had a long process that required deciphering and translating. On top of that, usually I'm not really good at remembering these long processes without long intensive study. To think, all this could have been avoided had I gone to class. At least I would know where to begin. I'm pretty sure there were matrices and sigmas --- just stuff that I really couldn't wing.

Then some kind of Hawaiian Music with Kanye West played and the test began.

Labels: , ,

 



Home Page