Student Empowerment Networking Day at UCLA

by B.J. Delas Armas on 5/08/2008 04:28:00 AM 0 comments Print this post

Comments: Post a Comment

Student Empowerment Networking Day at UCLA

When I heard about how PTSP Bayanihan's Student Empowerment Networking Day (SEND) took off the year after I left...

AND...

That they still expect BIG things this year...

I feel like the subject of this video...



I can't believe people actually call it SEND now, like it's an institutional thing that just naturally happened. Oh, of course, SEND, Student Empowerment Networking Day, as if I wasn't looked at as a crazy for changing the name, Bruin 4 a Day, of something PTSP had done for a while.

But I believe it had to be done to fit more with what we were trying to accomplish: building that community feeling and building those connections between people. It was about giving that genuine feel you belong at a place like UCLA...even if they say no...you gotta believe...you still belong.

I guess it's great that SEND doesn't have to worry about all those organizing snafus I hit, but now, I'm hoping for quality. If there were a few things I wished for, I wish I had all the soljahs who were with me at the beginning there and we put more in place to follow-up with the students afterward and continued the dialogue we had established. I believe that's the heart of the work.

Labels: , ,

 



Home Page